The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Empty
PostSubject: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime13th July 2010, 7:42 pm

...As promised Laughing

So, here is the list of the bands that are gonna attend Wacken. I'll admit that I'm there mostly for Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, W.A.S.P., Stratovarius, Candlemass, Lizzy Borden and U.D.O.
I'm truly interested in taking a look at Slayer, Immortal, Tiamat, Tyr, Voivod, Overkill, Grave Digger and Edguy, even if I don't know much of any of them. I'd happily burn down Cannibal Corpse (sorry, can't really stand them) Laughing

...Out of all of these, the only band I feel entitled to interview is... yeah, you guessed that, W.A.S.P.. The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548
I've already read tons of interviews to Blackie, so I kinda know which are the questions that has been asked thousand of times, and I'm pretty much informed on past and present projects.
Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper would be the other bands I'm more informed about, but I haven't read/seen SO MANY interviews, so I have way more chances to ask always the same stupid questions. The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548
I know random informations about all the others, surely not enough to make a whole interview, though Neutral

Soooooooooooo... requesting your help here! As you guessed, I'll try all my best to get in contact with Iron Maiden (Steve Harris? Bruce Dickinson? Whoever I can get? Laughing ), Alice Cooper (himself Laughing ), W.A.S.P. (Blackie Lawless and/or Doug Blair)... and probably Candlemass, dunno. But any help with any band is welcome Very Happy just write down all the questions you'd like to be answered!

EDIT: Just for fun... this amount of horrible doodles is my brainstorming for Blackie's interview.
The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 6yo4t3

...Apart from three lines, the whole paper contains my attempts for the wording of ONE SINGLE question The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 460863
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 12:37 am

Ahahah one single question?! The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 460863 You're not alone Doc, that's the way it should work actually The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 547387

Ah.. lots of questions we all have in our minds I'm sure, but if there's something I'm not sure it's how appropriate those are.. :?:

Seriously you can count on us dear, we'll help ya the best we can..

Actually, there's something I'm really curious about.. That is if Blackie himself wrote the characters part of the neon god site or he let the someone else do that? I -and principia of course- are really curious because of Judah Magic's part that goes like "He was born in Istanbul, Turkey approximately 1970. His parents were Southern Soviet refugees who escaped in the 70's to Turkey. They smuggled Judah across in a box with a false bottom. His father died in the crossing." which sounds waaayyy familiar to me from somewhere, darn it The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 547387

Last edited by Betelguese on 17th July 2010, 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime16th July 2010, 11:55 pm

Doc,we haven't come together with Bet yet and written down the questions but some questions came to mind last night and i'm gonna write them here now..i might forget rabbit

last night i was listening to Sound of Silence by Simon&Garfunkel after so many months(i love Paul Simon btw,he's a great lyricist) and the lyrics to that song go like this:

Quote :
and in the naked light i saw
ten thousand people, maybe more.
people talking without speaking,
people hearing without listening,
people writing songs that voices never share
and no one dare
disturb the sound of silence.

"fools" said i, "you do not know
silence like a cancer grows.
hear my words that i might teach you,
take my arms that i might reach you."
but my words like silent raindrops fell,
and echoed
in the wells of silence

and the people bowed and prayed
to the neon god they made.

and the sign flashed out its warning,
in the words that it was forming.
and the sign said, "the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
and tenement halls."
and whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

any influences from that pice of art while writing The Neon God saga? from Paul Simon in general?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime17th July 2010, 11:36 am

Betelguese wrote:
Ahahah one single question?! The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 460863 You're not alone Doc, that's the way it should work actually The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 547387

Ah.. lots of questions we all have in our minds I'm sure, but if there's something I'm not sure it's how appropriate those are.. :?:

Argh, same here The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 547387 I have lots of questions I would LOVE to ask... but, when writing them down, I end up thinking that they're either too stupid or way too personal... or that they could just piss him off to death, in case he's not in a good mood The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548

Quote :
Seriously you can count on us dear, we'll help ya the best we can..

Actually, there's something I'm really curious about.. That is if Blackie himself wrote the characters part of the neon god site or he let the someone else do that? I -and principia of course- are really curious because of Judah Magic's part that goes like "He was born in Istanbul, Turkey approximately 1970. His parents were Southern Soviet refugees who escaped in the 70's to Turkey. They smuggled Judah across in a box with a false bottom. His father died in the crossing." which sounds waaayyy familiar to me from somewhere, darn it The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 547387

That's an interesting question, thanks for that! Very Happy

principia wrote:
any influences from that pice of art while writing The Neon God saga? from Paul Simon in general?
Another good one! Very Happy I love Simon & Garfunkel, but haven't listened to the Sound Of Silence in a while... would you believe that if I say that I never noticed the line about the neon god, though? Shocked

By the way, good on you girls for all the stuff about the Neon God saga... those two albums are the only W.A.S.P. albums I miss, so I don't really know much about them (I know the characters, a bit of the story line, not so much). Never found many interviews from that era, either... so, being a hopeless ignorant on that part of W.A.S.P. history, I would have had absolutely no questions about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 4:57 pm

*RANT MOMENT*

Fuck, I sent an e-mail to the guys working for the press questions section ONE WEEK ago, I told 'em that I couldn't access the press area on Wacken website, that I needed more infos about the way to reserve interviews and about the location to get my press wristband... and I'm *still* waiting for a freakin' answer. The festival is going to take place in two weeks and the only info I have is "for questions, contact the e-mail". This is starting to piss me off to no end.

Hell, you're supposed to be there to answer PRESS RELATED QUESTIONS, and you make people waiting for so long? The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548

...And then they say italians have a shitty organization The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548

*END RANT MOMENT*
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 8:47 pm

aw that sucks Doc Neutral

anyways,don't give up,try harder,unfortunately that's all i can say The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 308310

i believe you'll get the wristband soon The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 39417
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime20th July 2010, 10:44 pm

I love you

Aaaaaaaaand... they answered! Very Happy

I re-sent the e-mail and, luckily, this time they answered really soon... yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 1:34 am

Yay! cheers

Serena,i was gonna write,"i *know* you're gonna get that wristband" but then changed it,but i really knew that they were gonna answer immidiately The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548 wow!

good luck with the interview..aand,let's add some more questions,find something more original for "The Redman" study
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime21st July 2010, 2:30 pm

principia wrote:
Yay! cheers

Serena,i was gonna write,"i *know* you're gonna get that wristband" but then changed it,but i really knew that they were gonna answer immidiately The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic 2548 wow!

good luck with the interview..aand,let's add some more questions,find something more original for "The Redman" study

Yay, you sort of foretold it, haha Very Happy thanks for wishing me luck... and yep, let's go with the interviews, now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic   The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Please, help me with possible interviews" Topic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Bar-
Jump to: