The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
principia
Pub Manager
principia

Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Empty
PostSubject: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime15th September 2010, 12:40 am

Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Mustaine-a-heavy-metal-memoir

An autobiography by Mustaine,co-written by New York Times journalist Joe Layden.it's a long awaited book by most of his fans and tells basically everything about the guitar god..

- The formation of METALLICA and the key contributions he made for which he was never given full credit.

- The formation and rise of MEGADETH, and his history with David Ellefson, Marty Friedman and Nick Menza.

- The story of his departure from MEGADETH in 2002 and his eventual return.

- His multiple battles with alcohol and drugs, and how Alice Cooper played a role in one of his recoveries.

- The injury that nearly ended his career.

- After years of rejecting religion, how embracing Christianity helped repair his relationship with his family and maintain his sobriety.

- His tumultuous childhood which included several moves from city to city, all in an attempt to avoid his alcoholic father.

Quote :
We come to expect that from rock stars, so why would I talk about it? Everybody knows it happened. I want to talk about things that are way more important. There's stuff in there about how the band was formed, why I chose to sing, how the different band members came and went, how different songs were written, stuff that happened through the addictions and rehabs. And when I got done reading it for the first time, when I closed the last page I actually had tears in my eyes because somebody had finally gotten who I am as a person in print.

haven't got the book yet but once i get it (god knows when it'll be here or when it's gonna be translated so i'm gonna order it) i'm gonna do a detailed review here..

he's my childhood hero with all of his weaknesses,addictions,feuds,snarls,gorgeous hair,fixed opinions about politics and religion,awesome riffs and difficulties as a person..well,he is a human being after all and needs all of these doesn't he? Wink
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime15th September 2010, 12:44 am

just realized how much i missed him after i saw this one today Smile

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime15th September 2010, 10:47 pm

Yay, that's great! Very Happy
Would be really interesting to read, but you're right, I guess we'll have to order it in English, 'cos waiting for a translation -if there's ever gonna be any- can be quite bothering Neutral

(I'm still waiting for a freaking translation of Alice Cooper biography, and still nothing D: )
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime20th September 2010, 11:35 pm

see this one? satyr

Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir 60510_145177715524128_100000957001529_217449_5973064_n

aw,lil Davey satyr
Back to top Go down
zombiesmack27
Customer
zombiesmack27

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime21st September 2010, 8:09 am

I thumbed through this book - I'm definately gonna get it.
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime3rd October 2010, 12:09 am

Awww what a cutie Dave is in that pic Very Happy

But seriously, I'm sooo much tired of his 'stories' after all these years spent listening to them, and I'm not sure if I'd ever want to read any more.. But I have to admit, I thinks he sounds a bit more sincere in that video than he is generally, though it's still the same old Davey Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir   Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustaine:A Heavy Metal Memoir
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Lounge-
Jump to: