The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Empty
PostSubject: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime5th October 2010, 10:06 pm

Soooooooo... I graduated today! Very Happy
Discussed my dissertation about Steampunk this afternoon, and seems the teachers really liked it. Loved how the one who followed me during the realization of the dissertation said that, for once, he was the one to learn something from a student, instead of teaching. Very Happy
Graduated with first-class honours and now I'm finally free as a bird Laughing

Soooo... don't know if it works the same in other countries, too, but the official title for a graduated, over here, is "dottore" ("dottoressa" for females). In English, "doctor" Laughing

Seems I have full right to be called Doc, now Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
xanthipee
Bartender
xanthipee

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 1:18 am

Congratulations! It's a great news! When's the party? Laughing By the way, how is it possible to become Ph.D. at the age of twenty?!? I've never heard of that. At what age do people usually graduate in Italy and when is it normal to get the BA diploma? In Serbia, people usually begin studying at a university at the age of 18 or 19. The core studies last four years, the MA studies last four semesters (and longer) and the Ph.D. studies last also four semesters, but it depends of the university. That basically means that if you get your Ph.D before you're thirty, you're a genius! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 2:39 am

Hahah, well, it's not a complete graduation, to be honest Laughing I still have two more years to do, but... here we have some universities, like mine, that are organized with the so-called "3+2 system": after the first three years, you are already considered a graduated and you get the title of 'doctor', but it's not a complete degree like the Ph.D. yet... you have to do the last two years to get that!

Sooo... put together the fact that I started to go to school when I was 5 instead of 6, so I already started University when I was 18... then, I did only three years of University with the 3+2 system, did my best to do all the exams in time (and let's face it: even if I had something like 30 exams to do, they were easy to do and I could do 'em really fast), and that's why I'm graduated at the age of 21 Laughing
I originally even thought about leaving university after this graduation to just continue my studies with private illustration and web design courses, but seems that a complete degree opens more chances for a job in the future, so I'm gonna finish the other two years! D:
So, a little edit to my first statement: I'm free as a bird... for the next two months, before the nightmare starts again, lol.
Let's say that I'm not really happy about coming back to that place. Organization in my University sucks, as I already said, plus I'm going to join the Graphic Design section, which just came out this year and is going to be very experimental. Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 2548 That means: it's gonna be a FUCKING MESS D:

Anyway, the situation is very similar to the one you have in Serbia for some other universities, here. Architecture, for example, lasts five years, plus 2 more to become a registered architect and countless more years to start to work, lol. Medicine and Engineering are other long ones to do. Many universities are switching to the 3+2 system, but the process can still be long, due to boring and difficult exams, stupid teachers and many other reasons.
That means that I was still lucky and freaking fast to get my graduation exactly in three years Very Happy

The average age for a graduation here goes from 24 to 28... sometimes even more than 35 Laughing
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 6:35 pm

Serenaaa! congrats dear cheers

we talked about the way the universities are over there,didn't we? i asked the same things to her Xan,and the (fuckin) system is exactly like that here in Turkey as it is in Serbia.

i could have thought about getting a master's degree after i graduated from the previous university,but as i said (probably many times) i never liked that school and that kind of studies;just realized that i always wanted to be a scientist(something related to either chemicals or biology),i passed the exams again and started this one..thinking about my second graduation...uhm..that time ain't near Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 2548 2 more years except this one,plus engineering is fuckin hard! Shocked

i do think about it sometimes;that i'd be wealthier and in much better conditions,my family would be happier and they wouldn't worry about my future like they do now if i continued the path they drew and get a master's degree or do my job(as a web designer or a communication technologies consultant-or teacher- which i hate to be any of those)..but i know that i'd never be as happier and more peaceful that this..yeah,life's not easy,cause i chose my path and i still have years "to be somebody" but i prefer this way..i live it my way Cool

bottom line is: do whatever you like and never let anyone bother you!
congrats again little miss doc!

let the party begin cheers
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 8:26 pm

principia wrote:
Serenaaa! congrats dear cheers

we talked about the way the universities are over there,didn't we?

Hell yeah, we did! Very Happy

Thank you so much, dear!
Aaaand... that's great that you decided to follow your true interests, better spending some more time studying to get in the field you're interested in, than ending up doing something you don't like at all! I second what you said, engineering is hard Shocked

Not to mention all of that fucking maths I can't understand at all Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 2548

EDIT: Yay, 400 posts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 10:01 pm

Oh my oh my oh my, congrats baby!! cheers

Wow, there's nothing like being free as a bird even if it's temporary Basketball Now you can do what fuckin' ever you had to postpone due to the school and enjoy the relieve of it Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 407397

Well, we were doing a lot of searches about Austrian universities lately, and we've learnt that almost all of the European universities are slowly switching to the 'Anglo-Saxon System' which is 3+2 system, and it said that after the first three years you get the bakkalaurat title, and magister title after the other two years and you know what, it's fucking great Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 959554 It also says that you have to study 5 years if you're studying engineering, I mean you don't have the chance to study only 3 years, and then you automatically get the magister title, we pretty much study 5 years over here - at least that's what I'll do Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 93423 - and only get a bakkalaureat title Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 653486 Two years more for the magister, and two years more for the doctor title, sounds horrible, right? Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 711727

Quote :
bottom line is: do whatever you like and never let anyone bother you!
Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 649664
Quote :

EDIT: Yay, 400 posts! Very Happy
Haha double congrats! Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 191

Quote :
congrats again little miss doc!
Here here Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 513440

And you also should let this gorgeous John Mayall/Eric Clapton/Jimmy Page trio jam for you now;

Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 47026
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime8th October 2010, 2:33 pm

Hahaha this is really strange, but I totally accidentaly have learned that over there in Italy, the college graduates are called dottore/dottoressa Very Happy What a coincidence lol!
Back to top Go down
Sun
Customer
Sun

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime8th October 2010, 6:58 pm

Wow - congrats on your exam, Doc! Well done!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime10th October 2010, 3:21 pm

Quote :
Wow, there's nothing like being free as a bird even if it's temporary

Hell yeah! Basketball Laughing

Betelguese wrote:
we pretty much study 5 years over here - at least that's what I'll do Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 93423 - and only get a bakkalaureat title Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 653486 Two years more for the magister, and two years more for the doctor title, sounds horrible, right? Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! 711727

Gah, sounds really fucking looooooooong D:

Soooooooo... the congrats, girls! Very Happy Very Happy
And yay for the vids, great ones! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!   Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now you have all the right to call me Doc!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Bar-
Jump to: