The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Empty
PostSubject: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime11th November 2010, 7:20 pm

Ooook, I should have written this a while ago, buuuuut... I didn't, 'cos I'm slow as usual What a Face

Went to see W.A.S.P. again on October 31st and November 1st in Treviso and Milan Very Happy the trip to reach Treviso was quite long and tiring (FIVE. TRAINS. AND. A. BUS. W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 ), but it was well worth it.
On the first night, we had two opening bands, Rain and Shadowside. I already knew about Rain, they're an italian band which is quite famous here, but I never heard any of their songs, before... they rock! Very Happy As for Shadowside... well, they're good and the female singer has one hell of a voice (and I fell in love with the bassist W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 ), but I'm sorry to admit that they lack a lot of charisma Neutral having them playing between Rain and W.A.S.P., who both know how to rock out even on very small stages like the one they had, put them in even bigger disadvantage. I've seen many people looking at the poor guys with pure blank faces, clearly bored and waiting for W.A.S.P. to come on stage. I'll admit that I felt really sorry for them. Sad Luckily, things went better for them on the second day, where the crowd was more... "alive" Laughing

Soooo... after Shadowside and a wait of about half a hour, we finally got W.A.S.P. on stage Very Happy the guys looked a bit tired, but I still loved the show. I was in the front row, really near to Doug Blair (I mean, I was so close I literally risked to to hit the strings of his guitar everytime I raised my hand W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 ) and had a lot of fun when both Doug and Mike Duda were making silly faces looking at me (I guess I had my usual "feel-like-I'm-in-Heaven" kind of smile, instead).

I took very few pictures, but I'd dare to say they came out pretty good Very Happy here they are:

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 153wky8
...did I say I was close to Doug? Laughing

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 33w3wp1

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2enq613
I swear someday I'll be able to take a decent picture of you, Mickey Neutral this surely isn't Neutral

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2w3c85u
I love this one, but...

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2vnm7ia
...I love this even more satyr

After the show, me and Federica, the girl who came to see W.A.S.P. with me, went to the other side of the club, near to the tour bus, to see if the band was coming out.
Well... they did! Very Happy
The first one we saw was Mike Duda. Now, I always said that Mike Duda reminds me of my uncle, same hair and same smile. And, in effect, when I saw him walking around the bus I was like "oh, look at that guy, he could be the clone of my uncl... HELL, THAT'S MIKE!!!" W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 460863
However, we could just say hello. He was available to take pictures with fans, but... by the time I found my camera, he was gone W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 Damn my stupid bag.
Later, Doug Blair came out too. I think that Doug now must consider me as a sort of "hello-woman": everytime W.A.S.P. play a show in Italy, he sees me popping out of nowhere, saying "hello" with this huge smile on my face Laughing didn't ask for autographs, as that night I wasn't really seeking for any, I just wanted to meet them and see if there was any chance to give Blackie the portrait I made for him... yeah, the one I already brought with me at Wacken Very Happy

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2q07les
The portrait. I spent countless days in paranoia, 'cos I don't really like the way his eyes turned out. However, since I had already re-drawn them a lot of times, trying to use the rubber on the paper once again was a huge risk, so I left it as it was. Oh, the scanner obviously fucked up some details and contrasts. W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 547387

After half an hour, we noticed a lot of people moving around and following this tall guy with covered face. Yep, Blackie himself. I initially thought he would have been disappearing for a while in the bus before coming out again, but he started the meeting as soon as he entered the bus, instead Very Happy In less than two seconds, there was a whole queue of people near to the bus, ready to get autographs. Unfortunately, there wasn't much contact: we could see Blackie signing stuff inside the bus, but it was the roadie to take the items and give them to him.
For some sort of miracle, I could speak a quite decent english and tell to the roadie that I had a present for Blackie. The guy looked a bit shocked at first, lol.
-A present?- he said. I said 'yeah', and he gave it to Blackie. I was a bit saddened when I saw that Blackie apparently didn't even change his expression when receiving the thing first... but I was wrong. Later on, after signing my notebook and giving it back to me, he had a huge smile on his face and said "thank you". I thanked him back and left, feeling really, really happy. Very Happy

During the first five minutes, I didn't even realized what had just happened. I just came back to my friend Federica and tried to cheer her up, as she was crying after seeing Blackie again. The meeting ended, the tour bus doors closed and I was still feeling absolutely normal.
Then, I had the following sequence of reactions:
*Thinking* "Well, at least if I become a famous artist, Blackie Lawless will be able to say that he has an original drawing of mine"
*Still thinking* "Blackie Lawless has..." W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548
*Bursting out laughing like crazy and shouting, while jumping in the rain* "BLACKIE LAWLESS HAS A DRAWING OF MIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEE!!!" *all of this right in front of the tour bus, in which Blackie still was W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 547387*

...Yeah, I think I managed to look like a perfect fool. The crazy laughter was the best touch, I guess.
The next thing that made me feel really strange was... the man I admire so much, whom I've always wished to say "thank you" just thanked me.
Which, in effect, was about the reason why I wanted to give him the drawing. Being finally able to give him something after receiving so much.
Still, it made me feel strange.

Anyway, I can confirm: he isn't a scary presence at all. Once again, I think he's a very nice person and I love how, even when he's clearly tired as hell, he's able to rock the whole place out even and take some time to meet fans.

The concert on the second day was even better: bigger venue, giant screens on the background and the guys sounded less tired. No pics of the second show, they turned out pretty bad, unfortunately Sad

Soooo... well, I just felt like sharing some reviews/pictures/random fangirl stuff.
Sorry for the long post Laughing cherry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
xanthipee
Bartender
xanthipee

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime12th November 2010, 1:52 am

I really like your long posts because they're interesting. You go to WASP concerts regularly and meet Blackie every now and then! Maybe one day he meets you somewhere and says:"Hi, honey! Do I know you?" W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 666812 Laughing
You've had a unique experience with Blackie and I'm really glad because of that. I've always known he's a great guy. Very Happy

Oh, by the way, you've mentioned your uncle. If he looks like Duda, I thought maybe you could give me his phone number or set me a date?
W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 666812 W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 191 lol!

P.S. Your portrait of Blackie is really good. It's great Blackie has it now!
sunny
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime12th November 2010, 2:39 am

xanthipee wrote:
I really like your long posts because they're interesting. You go to WASP concerts regularly and meet Blackie every now and then! Maybe one day he meets you somewhere and says:"Hi, honey! Do I know you?" W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 666812 Laughing
You've had a unique experience with Blackie and I'm really glad because of that. I've always known he's a great guy. Very Happy

Hahahah, oh my, now that would be funny Laughing by the way, it's great how, during italian dates, there are always the same fans on the front row: people who saw them countless times and still are not tired of them! True hardcore fans, lol Very Happy
One of these guys, in effect, got a guitar pick directly from Blackie's hands, during a concert last year. I guess it was a sort of prize for being always there, hahah Very Happy

(...talking about picks, during the concert in Treviso, I also had the occasion to get one. Doug threw his pick straight at me, but there were lights blinding me right in that moment, and I didn't notice it at first. I just saw the movement of his arm and then something hitting me, but I couldn't find the pick anywhere, then W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 damn D: )

Yep, Blackie is really a nice guy, anyway! All of the band members are =)
Glad you find my long fangirl-style posts interesting, hahah Very Happy

Quote :
Oh, by the way, you've mentioned your uncle. If he looks like Duda, I thought maybe you could give me his phone number or set me a date? W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 666812 W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 191 lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Aaaw, I'd be glad to do that, unfortunately he's been with his girlfriend for more than ten years and I guess she wouldn't be too happy about him having other dates Laughing

Quote :
P.S. Your portrait of Blackie is really good. It's great Blackie has it now! sunny

Thank you dear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime12th November 2010, 8:39 pm

Serenaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
you did what? waaaht

i was waiting to see the Turkey dates on the website,looking at it everyday(couldn't find any unfortunately Sad ) but i saw two dates in Italy and have been thinking to ask you about it since that day..(and ya know what? we were with Bet that night and i realized that it was November 1st,told her "hey,Serena must be rocking like a beast now W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 " What a Face

awesome experience dear! i'm really soo happy for you..glad that you finally found the chance to give your work to Blackie-and thank him-. i remember we talked about that-that how it'd be awesome to find the chance to thank him one day-,well you did it,it's really great!

love your review and your pics dear(well especially the Doug one,that one is yummy W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 232696 )
i noticed something: did Blackie lose weight? he looks so damn fine W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 232696

also,great that those gigs are in such clubs instead of venues,so that you can be very close to the stage..being in the front row means something when it is like that Neutral

hopefully,we'll see Uli Jon Roth and Paul Gilbert like that within a few weeks cheers
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime12th November 2010, 9:10 pm

principia wrote:
Serenaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
you did what? waaaht

i was waiting to see the Turkey dates on the website,looking at it everyday(couldn't find any unfortunately Sad ) but i saw two dates in Italy and have been thinking to ask you about it since that day..(and ya know what? we were with Bet that night and i realized that it was November 1st,told her "hey,Serena must be rocking like a beast now W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548 " What a Face

Hahahah, really? What a Face That's lovely... you were right, in effect! Laughing Very Happy
(Would be great for you to get some dates in Turkey, btw!)

Quote :
awesome experience dear! i'm really soo happy for you..glad that you finally found the chance to give your work to Blackie-and thank him-. i remember we talked about that-that how it'd be awesome to find the chance to thank him one day-,well you did it,it's really great!

Aaaaw, yeah, remember that too! And yeah, I was so glad after being able to finally thank him, I'll admit I probably liked this meeting the most... I had a few more seconds to talk and my voice wasn't fading, yay! Very Happy

Quote :
love your review and your pics dear(well especially the Doug one,that one is yummy W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 232696 )
i noticed something: did Blackie lose weight? he looks so damn fine W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 232696

Thanks! Very Happy (Hell yeah, glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Doug's pic is yummy, lol! W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 232696 )
Yep, I think Blackie lost some weight again! Very Happy Not as much as last year, maybe, but still he looks great! Very Happy

Quote :
also,great that those gigs are in such clubs instead of venues,so that you can be very close to the stage..being in the front row means something when it is like that Neutral

hopefully,we'll see Uli Jon Roth and Paul Gilbert like that within a few weeks cheers

Yep, I prefer clubs, too! When I was at Wacken Open Air, even if I got the front row during a couple of shows, it was completely useless, as we were still miles away from the stage Neutral in smaller venues you definitely have more chances to see musicians better!
Woah, Uli Roth and Paul Gilbert? That's totally GREAT!!! They both rock! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender
xanthipee

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime14th November 2010, 12:18 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Aaaw, I'd be glad to do that, unfortunately he's been with his girlfriend for more than ten years and I guess she wouldn't be too happy about him having other dates Laughing

Shit! I knew it! Well, more luck next time! Er, .... do you happen to have another uncle? C'mon, don't disappoint me! Don't tell me you've run out of uncles! Laughing jocolor
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime15th November 2010, 3:57 am

Oh my oh my that was a great read! W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 91066
I totally felt like I was there too! *I got so excited that I broke a string W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 2548* Girl, you did it! Ahhh I remember Blackie mentioning some girl that gave a diary about Blackie himself to him once which was written with blood, and he was saying something like 'you know I keep those kind of things, they're precious to me but that proves my words about idol worshipping an all that' W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 191
It's a great drawing by the way, you're truly a promising artist! W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 693200

And Xan, keep up the good mood, my lady W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 47026

And oh... ULIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D 194128
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D   W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P. in Italy! :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: W.A.S.P. Corner-
Jump to: