The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie James Dio Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

Ronnie James Dio Update Empty
PostSubject: Ronnie James Dio Update   Ronnie James Dio Update Icon_minitime5th May 2010, 4:26 pm

Dio has released the following statement yesterday;

"I would like to voice my great disappointment on the cancellation of the Heaven & Hell summer tour. Wendy [Ronnie's wife/manager], my doctors and I have worked so hard to make it happen for all of you, the ones we care so much about, that this setback could be devastating, but we will not let it be. With your continued love and support, we will carry on and thrive. There will be other tours, more music, more life and much more magic."

When asked about how he he been feeling since he was disagnosed with stomach cancer late last year, Dio recently told the Artisan News Service, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect — the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it. then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."

In a recent online posting, Wendy Dio revealed that there are plans to release a 30th-anniversary Black Sabbath "Heaven And Hell" DVD sometime this year. The package is expected to include brand new interviews that Ronnie, Geezer and Appice gave to Eddie Trunk on January 22, 2010 in Los Angeles, as well other extras.
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Update   Ronnie James Dio Update Icon_minitime5th May 2010, 5:06 pm

"...There will be other tours, more music, more life and much more magic."

well,i hope so Ronnie..
i really hope so Ronnie James Dio Update 305174
Back to top Go down
xanthipee
Bartender
xanthipee

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Update   Ronnie James Dio Update Icon_minitime6th May 2010, 12:51 am

He doesn't like to eat?!? Ronnie James Dio Update Affraid Now, that's strange! Ronnie James Dio Update 736485 I didn't know such people exist ... It seems our little Ronnie prefers drinking to eating ... Ronnie James Dio Update 404261 Ronnie James Dio Update 693200 Well, Ronnie, I guess there are some bad habits to break ...
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Update   Ronnie James Dio Update Icon_minitime6th May 2010, 1:33 pm

xanthipee wrote:
He doesn't like to eat?!? Ronnie James Dio Update Affraid Now, that's strange! Ronnie James Dio Update 736485 I didn't know such people exist ... It seems our little Ronnie prefers drinking to eating ... Ronnie James Dio Update 404261 Ronnie James Dio Update 693200 Well, Ronnie, I guess there are some bad habits to break ...

um, i think that's because of the chemotherapy..you know,the side effects of chemotherapy are usually unpleasant and nausea is the most common side effect..
Ronnie is a fighter and i really hope he pulls through...
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Update   Ronnie James Dio Update Icon_minitime7th May 2010, 12:17 am

xanthipee wrote:

Nah, as far as I know, Ronnie has a really healthy lifestyle. No drinking, no shitty food, no smoking and so on... that is why he kept his voice so good for so many years Very Happy at least, that's what I've been told Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the tour cancellation... seemed to be a bit too early for them to come back on tour again, in effect. Damn, poor Ronnie... best wishes to him...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio Update   Ronnie James Dio Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie James Dio Update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Lounge-
Jump to: