The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slipknot Bassist Found Dead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

Slipknot Bassist Found Dead Empty
PostSubject: Slipknot Bassist Found Dead   Slipknot Bassist Found Dead Icon_minitime27th May 2010, 5:24 pm

Not a fan of Slipknot but I find it real interesting to lose more musicians day by day.. Peter Steele, Ronnie James Dio, now Paul Gray.. Slipknot Bassist Found Dead Icon_neutral

According to the Des Moines Register, Urbandale, Iowa police are investigating the death of SLIPKNOT's bass guitarist at a local hotel.

Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites (pictured below), 8800 Northpark Drive, police said.

There was no evidence of foul play, police said.

According to KCCI.com, the Polk County Medical Examiner's Office is assisting in the death investigation and will perform an autopsy on Tuesday. Toxicology testing will be completed to determine if there were any contributing factors in the death of Gray, police said.

Witnesses reported that items from the hotel room were carried out of the hotel around 2 p.m.

Gray was born in Los Angeles, California, and later moved to Des Moines.

Wikipedia shows that Gray has been married for two years to GodsGirls' Brenna Paul and has a tattoo of her name on his knuckles.

In a December 2009 posting on his MySpace page, Gray revealed that his wife was pregnant with the couple's first child. "I am the happiest man on the face of the earth — literally!" he wrote. He added, "This has been the best Christmas I have ever had!"

In April 2010 it was announced that Paul Gray had joined HAIL!, the supergroup featuring mainstays Tim "Ripper" Owens (BEYOND FEAR, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH), David Ellefson (MEGADETH) and Andreas Kisser (SEPULTURA). He was supposed to replace the group's original member, David Ellefson, who was unable to take part in HAIL!'s upcoming touring activities due to his renewed collaboration with MEGADETH. At the time, Paul Gray stated about his involvement with HAIL!: "This is going to be amazing! After I heard the news about David reuniting with MEGADETH I touched base with Andreas and everything fell into place pretty immediately. I was excited about what they were doing and their whole attitude is just cool, old school camaraderie and fun and I wanted to share that with them. Fortunately, I had this window of time available as SLIPKNOT are on break so the timing worked perfectly. These guys have been through it all and they represent true metal brotherhood. I like that and I'm glad to now be a part of it. I can't wait, I wish we'd leave tomorrow. These shows are going to kick ass!"

Read the full article from, here.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Bassist Found Dead   Slipknot Bassist Found Dead Icon_minitime27th May 2010, 6:43 pm

I'm not a fan of Slipknot either, I listen to them sometimes and think they're good musicians, but it's not really my style. It's sad to see how many talents we are losing in these last two years... and it's even worse to think that the majority of them were so damn young. 38 years old... Neutral poor man... rest in peace Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Bassist Found Dead   Slipknot Bassist Found Dead Icon_minitime31st May 2010, 5:58 pm

Absolutely.. Crying or Very sad
How strange, he was to take part in the supergroup Hail for the first time..
While celebrating Ellefson, I saw him and Ronnie in the same picture with Hail, thought it was a broken picture already in every aspects, now looking at this one and don't know what to say..
No more musicians please God bless our little family..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slipknot Bassist Found Dead   Slipknot Bassist Found Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipknot Bassist Found Dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: Lounge-
Jump to: