An autobiography by Mustaine,co-written by New York Times journalist Joe Layden.it's a long awaited book by most of his fans and tells basically everything about the guitar god..
- The formation of METALLICA and the key contributions he made for which he was never given full credit.
- The formation and rise of MEGADETH, and his history with David Ellefson, Marty Friedman and Nick Menza.
- The story of his departure from MEGADETH in 2002 and his eventual return.
- His multiple battles with alcohol and drugs, and how Alice Cooper played a role in one of his recoveries.
- The injury that nearly ended his career.
- After years of rejecting religion, how embracing Christianity helped repair his relationship with his family and maintain his sobriety.
- His tumultuous childhood which included several moves from city to city, all in an attempt to avoid his alcoholic father.
- Quote :
- We come to expect that from rock stars, so why would I talk about it? Everybody knows it happened. I want to talk about things that are way more important. There's stuff in there about how the band was formed, why I chose to sing, how the different band members came and went, how different songs were written, stuff that happened through the addictions and rehabs. And when I got done reading it for the first time, when I closed the last page I actually had tears in my eyes because somebody had finally gotten who I am as a person in print.
haven't got the book yet but once i get it (god knows when it'll be here or when it's gonna be translated so i'm gonna order it) i'm gonna do a detailed review here..
he's my childhood hero with all of his weaknesses,addictions,feuds,snarls,gorgeous hair,fixed opinions about politics and religion,awesome riffs and difficulties as a person..well,he is a human being after all and needs all of these doesn't he?