The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Genius: Jeff Martin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
principia
Pub Manager
principia

A Genius: Jeff Martin Empty
PostSubject: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime3rd October 2010, 5:37 pm

remember him?

after his works with The Tea Party,he released his solo debut in 2006 "Exile and the Kingdom" and founded the band "The Armada" in 2008..
he's a huge Zep fan and named his little boy after Jimmy Page..his music was always compared to The Doors,but he says he was never a big The Doors fan and the comparison is mainly because of his physical appearance..

he's probably one of the best musicians of our century and i highly reccommend you to listen to everything he has done..he's a genius,a great musician that is admired by Jimmy Page himself..

here's his saz(bağlama) performance (remember that i mentioned it earlier) :

live performance of the great song "The Bazaar" :

cover of the Johnny Cash version of "Hurt" (i adore Johnny Cash and his version but this can compete with it) :

an orgasmic moment: Kashmir by Mr. Martin A Genius: Jeff Martin 232696

Last edited by principia on 3rd October 2010, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime3rd October 2010, 5:42 pm

just realized that i had no idea he played in a little place called "Studio Live" or something like that this year,in March Neutral
lack of promotion? lack of professionalism?
all of the above..the Turkish style A Genius: Jeff Martin 2548

now tell me what sucks more than not being able to see the performance of a musician that you love and admire? just because of lack of information.. A Genius: Jeff Martin 251688
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime3rd October 2010, 6:26 pm

"World is Calling" from his solo album..
that's an open letter to George W. Bush (wow typing his name makes me sick Neutral )

awesomeness Neutral

and its making of:

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime3rd October 2010, 9:56 pm

I promise I'm going to watch all the videos later, really A Genius: Jeff Martin 547387
Meanwhile... yay, love this man! Great to see him working solo, too, he totally rocks Very Happy

-Couldn't resist seeing him playing Kashmir, btw... love that song!-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 11:16 pm

What to say, what to say, ladies?

He's like a dogma himself, not to mention, not to question. Dear little Jim-oops Jeff, please don't ever grudge your shine from this world.

As for Kashmir..... Ummm......
A Genius: Jeff Martin 986807
Clear enough? A Genius: Jeff Martin 959554 Gotta love a man who names his son after someone like Jimmy Page (Lord, my Jim?!)!

And Hurt was just wonderful, I really hope to see him live someday A Genius: Jeff Martin 492766 And maybe with Roy Harper, who knows A Genius: Jeff Martin 492766

Yes, I agree with the comments about his solo album, hey, it's great!
And here's the complete video of this saz performance (did you know how many different instruments possibly could exist? A Genius: Jeff Martin 2548);
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime6th October 2010, 11:31 pm

just watched that one..

god that guy is beyond words..i'd never think there would be a real guy in these "synthetic times"(as i call it) that can truly make music with his heart and that i'd love and respect him this much without even remembering to A Genius: Jeff Martin 232696

Quote :
please don't ever grudge your shine from this world.

dunno why but this made my eyes wet Neutral
i just wish the same..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Genius: Jeff Martin   A Genius: Jeff Martin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Genius: Jeff Martin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Electric Circus Saloon :: Ground Floor :: The Presley Couch-
Jump to: