The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie James Dio has passed away...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zombiesmack27
Customer
zombiesmack27

Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Empty
PostSubject: Ronnie James Dio has passed away...   Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Icon_minitime16th May 2010, 10:47 pm

Ronnie James Dio, the metal god who replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath and later piloted the bands Heaven & Hell and Dio, has died, according to his wife and manager.

Dio announced last fall he was suffering from stomach cancer. He was being treated at a Houston hospital, according to his website.

"My heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m," said a statement by Wendy Dio posted Sunday on the site and confirmed by publicist Maureen O'Connor.

Wendy Dio said that friends and family were able to say their goodbyes to her husband, and asked for privacy. She concluded: "Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

———

Message from Wendy Dio
Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio has passed away...   Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Icon_minitime16th May 2010, 10:49 pm

I was just going to post this...

I still can't believe it. We have just missed a great performer, one of the most important personalities in Heavy Metal... and a wonderful person.

Rest in peace, Ronnie...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio has passed away...   Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Icon_minitime17th May 2010, 5:03 pm

All day long, it wasn't the air I smell, wasn't the wind I had to face with, wasn't the streets I march up and down every single day, wasn't the earphones I wear. It wasn't even the living I know nor the world I live in to look familiar by somewhere or sometime. Only to pay the last honors to this one singer the Lord wanted at his elbow, we walked by, and made the day.

At the moment I remember the time that Joey Ramone died. I still can't tell it throughly to anyone I try to let know; now you all know my friends;
you feel like the almighty Lord needed him to sing along more than you, and took him alongside before you get a chance to tell him;

"Please feel yourself home in me. Because I love you."

It had hurt. It hurts again.

Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Diospv
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio has passed away...   Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Icon_minitime17th May 2010, 7:42 pm

a massive hole in my heart...

can't really describe my feelings right now..i woke up today,prepared for school,went there and saw Bet and believe it or not,when she said "Dio passed away" i was like "i knew it" even though i didn't,and then burst into tears..as if someone-some "magical mystical man"- came into my dreams and whispered to my ear:

"I can go away when I leave here I can be invisible
I said when I've gone away lord you know it's right to leave here
So I've just become invisible I've been away yes I've been before you rise
You never touch me you never feel me you'll never see me again because I've just become unseen"

that's all..he has just become unseen..

Ronnie is beyond any expressions;to me he was(and still is) one of my saviors,my heroes..he came into my life with Elf,and then Rainbow,Black Sabbath and Dio..i was amazed when i heard his voice,his style that makes every band he's in quite "Dioesque"..his wise and witty lyrics,his down to earth personality and passion for heavy metal music will live on forever..

god, i hate cliches,especially when it's about a loss, but i wanted to let my feelings out..lost a man who's probably the biggest influence on me and it feels like something's torn away from me,a huge metal beam has collapsed and fell off,left my home of all-things-heavy-metal ruinous..

yeah.."i've been left on my own..like a rainbow in the dark."

RIP Ronnie...you'll never be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio has passed away...   Ronnie James Dio has passed away... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie James Dio has passed away...
Page 1 of 1