Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

W.A.S. Empty
PostSubject: W.A.S.   W.A.S. Icon_minitime22nd May 2010, 4:57 pm

An announcement from Stet Howland, ex W.A.S.P. member:

Chris Holmes, Randy Piper, Steve Unger (Metal Church), Rich Lewis (Animal), and me = the new metal band W.A.S. or Where angels Suffer.
The new cd (Purgatory) is done, heavy, and ready to destroy. We will play all the hits, as well as ALL the dangerous music the current wasp is skipping. FLB? Mean Man? huhh? HUH? First show in Ft Myers... early July. Horns high!!!!!!!

Sounds like really cool news Very Happy I'd be curious to see what would come out of this. Chris, Randy and Stet truly rock, and Rich Lewis is a perfect choice, too. Very Happy
Stet also said that they are 'threatening to play EVERYWHERE' Laughing that should mean that they are supposed to tour outside of the States, too! Shocked

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

W.A.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   W.A.S. Icon_minitime22nd May 2010, 8:27 pm

AHHH! Wanna twist and shout!

Not to say that I'd like to see them in W.A.S.P. again, but this is called pure brotherhood which brings my tears down in my eyes... This is great, God I'm speechless this is great!

I remember that kiss acoustic, all the original line up, new members and the older ones were together for an acoustic set, a huuuge kiss family it was and lemme tell you, I'm feeling just the same thing again.. Tell me to do so, and I'll cry a river now - no, no okay I'm fine guys.. W.A.S. 416115

Oh and what an original name! W.A.S. haha W.A.S. 794810
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

W.A.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   W.A.S. Icon_minitime22nd May 2010, 9:22 pm

oh god,that's gonna be awesome W.A.S. Icon_eek
Randy and Chris together? wow,that was almost 30 years ago W.A.S. 232696
W.A.S. is a very cool name indeed but "where angels suffer" sounds quite lame W.A.S. Fresse anyways,hope to see them live,rock on guys W.A.S. 305174
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

W.A.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.   W.A.S. Icon_minitime17th October 2010, 11:39 pm

Bringing up the topic again, 'cos I feel the need to rant about this a little.
Kinda expressed my opinion on the Nation already, but I thought about posting about it here too.

Sooo... the first "W.A.S." album, Purgatory, is going to be out on October 31st. Here's an article, also posted on the official W.A.S. Facebook page, with the track listing and a link to the song samples on Amazon: http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/

Here's the official W.A.S. site: http://www.whereangelssuffer.com/fr_home.cfm
You can hear Judgment Day, one of the "W.A.S." songs in full from the player on the lower side of the page.

Why am I using quotation marks to say "W.A.S." albums? Neutral
'Cos this whole thing actually looks like a terrible fake. See the songs in the track listing?
Most of them were already published in Randy Piper's Animal album called Virus.
The other two, Boom and Violent New Breed, come from another Animal album, called Violent New Breed.
I listened to the samples, and the sound exactly the same as the Animal songs. I have the original Virus album: the only two "W.A.S." members actually playing in those songs are Chris Laney and Randy Piper.
There might be Chris Holmes in the Violent New Breed tracks, but that's about all. As far as I can see, Stet Howland and Steve Unger never even entered the recording studio to take part in the realization of those tracks.

Unfortunately, the only full Randy Piper's Animal song you can find on Youtube is the cover of Zombie by The Cranberries: