The Electric Circus Saloon
'Ey dude let's party!
'Ey dude let's party!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a drink, dude.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
principia
Pub Manager
principia

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Empty
PostSubject: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime9th July 2010, 11:24 pm

ladies,we're back! sorry for the two week delay but we had great time,saw Big 4 live and literally witnessed history Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 and we needed time to recover Smile
actually,i started writing this as soon as i got home,but then i had to go to my aunts' and didn't take my pc with me,so i finished it today.

anyways,here's a summary of what happened:

DAY ONE: we had an exam that day(25th) on 9:00 and the doors would be opened on 14:00,so we went to school for the exam(and we passed the exam Smile ),then got on the bus and the train to the stadium.

we had a local band Blacktooth(a Pantera influenced band),Stone Sour,Pentagram(again a local band which is known as Mezarkabul outside of Turkey),Alice in Chains and Rammstein that day.

when we arrived there,we saw a huge queue which was apparently for Rammstein.i'm not a Rammstein fan,actually i don't like such mainstream and industrial bands and when i see kids going crazy for such bands,that pisses me off!

anyways,we went inside.we weren't downstage,but we were pretty close to the stage.Blacktooth was ok,it was rainy that day and people just started to arrive,so the vocalist tried to warm people up.anyways,their 45 min setlist ended with Pantera's Walk(i'm not sure if it was the last song though) and then Stone Sour was on the stage after a 30 min break.

i didn't know much about Stone Sour(actually,i didn't even know the vocalist was Corey Taylor Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ) but they were awesome!

then,the most popular heavy metal band in Turkey-Pentagram- was on the stage.we heard that it was their vocalist's last performance(who is a great vocalist by the way,he sounds just like Bruce Dickinson),but he wasn't on the stage for the first 3-4 songs.they did Heaven and Hell and Holy Diver covers,but it was an awful performance.

well,we were actually there for AIC for the first day,and i can say that it was one of the best performances i have ever seen.Jerry was awesome ( Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 ) and the whole band kicked ass..it's really hard to explain how we felt while watching them play "We Die Young" (and many more of course) in such a misty atmosphere Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696

Bet wanted to see rammstein too,but i rejected.i don't like the band,actually i wouldn't mind seeing their performance(which was great btw,they say so) ,but my little bro was waiting for me that evening,so we had to leave.

DAY TWO: i woke up with my imaginery sword in my hand and battle drums in my ears that day,cause we were gonna see "Manowar" Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174 Neutral

Bet came and we left. While we were waiting in line in front of the stadium,a reporter came,asked if we want to talk about the festival and our favorite bands, we said ok and he interviewed us big grin i don’t know if it was broadcasted or not,but we were in the first row that day(although there were people downstage,in front of us) and lots of people took pics and vids of us. Anyways,it was ok cause we had a pretty good view of the stage Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174

the day started with a local band that i've never heard of,Murder King. well,they murdered my ears Neutral

then,Volbeat -an awesome Danish band- came up. They’re an experimental metal band(i could sense the Johnny Cash and Slayer influences) which means i’m definitely gonna be a huge fan of their music.

After Volbeat,we started to feel the excitement of seeing Manowar,and most importantly Accept(which we were waiting for quite a long time) but there was a huge problem out there: we had to listen to Hayko Cepkin(aka Turkish Marylin Manson-or worse than that Neutral ). He came up and a hour long torture began. Everyone was quite excited for Manowar(those guys are worshipped in Turkey),Hayko felt it(saw and heard people's reactions obviously Smile ) and had to admit that he too was waiting to see them,but they had an hour long time so they had to play big grin

While the stage was being prepared for Manowar,Bet and i were trying to warm ourselves up for “beefy metal” Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 we aren’t huge Manowar fans –i mean that “hail to the king,we’re sons of odin,blood is upon my steel,we’re fuckin warriors” kinda feeling- but i love most of their songs, and it’s awesome to sense that atmosphere –ya know,your fists up in the air,screaming-. When they came upon the stage with their cameraman(they were filming the performance) the audience was on fire. they truly rocked the stage. Even Bet went crazy and we were both so fucking happy big grin then,after the vocal solo(and various instruments solo) we saw Joey alone on the stage and all of a sudden,he started to speak in Turkish Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 i’m gonna translate what exactly he said later,but he simply said "fuck off" to the Big 4 Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

Anyways,the Manowar performance was awesome,but we were there for Accept that day. The audience was very tired after Manowar(even us) but participation was ok. Wolf was awesome ( Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 ) and Mark’s voice is almost the same as Udo’s Neutral.whole show was legendary,i can say that it’s the best performance i’ve seen in years.

so tired but so fuckin happy, we got on the train back home!

DAY THREE: our plan was to wake up at 5 am and stand in line till the doors open. But we couldn’t.
Mainly because of my brother(he was with me and i had to wait till he wakes up so that i can leave him to my aunt’s) and because of our sore throats,necks and all the aching bones!

Anyways,we woke up at 10 am,had our breakfast,say goodbye to my little bro and got on the train to İnönü Stadium! We were so damn excited because of the Big fuckin four and mainly because of Megadeth(both Bet and myself are huge fans,missed the 2001 and 2005 shows and were thinking we’d never see the “lion-man” live Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 )

We got there at 1 pm and saw the looooongest queue ever! it was the greatest crowd we’ve ever seen and we understood that it was quite impossible for us to take our places in the first rows(cause we were at the end of the queue Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ) however, we still don’t know how but we suddenly got into the crowd and found ourselves about 1 km closer to the front of the crowd big grin but what a mistake! We were smashed,it was damn hot and everyone was sweaty (well,Blackie was damn right when he said “rock’n roll’s supposed to be sweaty and smelly” Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ) finally we got in with lots of bruises but still with a big grin on our faces Smile i bought a festival shirt (for about 20 euros Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ),wore it and then we staring to search for the best place to watch the show. Unfortunately, third day was the most crowded day and although we were at the front of the queue,we saw that the field was half full! So we decided to stand in front of the second barriers(which is pretty far away from the stage) instead of standing among the people trying to see the stage because of a smelly guy 5 inches taler than you Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

The sun was shining that day and the day before(first day it was rainy and some corroded minded dickheads thought we were damned because of our satanic feast Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 251688 ) so we tried to find shelters to protect us from the sun. We found some red plastic Vodafone hats(which became the mascot of the festival big grin ) i was looking like a retard (but a cool one) with my Sonsphere tee,my sunglasses and my hat(and Bet with her Rust in Peace tee and her bandana) big grin

We were waiting impatiently, as the stage was being prepared for Anthrax(obviously, we didn’t watch two of our local bands before that Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ) , a young red headed lady approached us, asked if we knew English and then told Bet to take a pic of her and me with the whole festival field. She said ok,took the pic and we started chatting with the lovely lady. She said if we knew the magazine Kerrang(hell yeah,Bet and i looked at eachother,i’m sure we both saw the Blackie covers Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 ) we said yeah, she said she was working for Kerrang(later we learned that she also worked-or still works- for Metal Hammer) and she was travelling all across Europe for the summer festivals. She said she interviewed with most of the bands, she showed us her pics with Corey Taylor, Alice in Chains,Hayko Cepkin(well,our Marylin Manson Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ) and said that she was gonna interview with Megadeth! But before that, she had to shoot some videos(of people screaming,talking about the festival and such) and asked us if she could interview with us. We said sure, and i started talking(like nobody on earth could stop me Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 ) Bet was stoned, she could only say a few words ( and i talked too much big grin ) but the lady (her name was Katie btw) was very pleased,said our English was great and she felt very bad cause she didn’t know Turkish big grin we also helped her to find more people for the vid,she asked for help and we immidiately started walking around the area asking people if they wanted to be in a video(and said that the lady was a Kerrang interviewer-yeah,you guessed it right,they all “knew” Kerreang Rolling Eyes ) we found lots of people for her and made her even more happy cause the crowd was fucking awesome big grin

After that, Katie said she had to leave,asked our names and told us to write them down,asked if she could find us there later, we said yeah and she left.

What a day!
Anthrax was on the stage! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174
We ain’t huge fans, but i love Belladonna and was very happy to see him performing. (Honestly, Joey was the best frontman along with Hetfield.) Besides, those guys were there, it was my first time to see Anthrax and they’re part of the Big fuckin 4! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696

Megadeth was next! God, after all those years,we were gonna see the Big Guy, Junior, Chris and Shawn! i was like “i gotta pee” all day and i was very thirsty but forgot about all of my little problems when i saw the stage preparing for Deth(and the backdrop was changing-it was the Endgame backdrop- :hbdude)

The soundcheck lasted for hoours(really they were 30 mins late) and they had some very serious sound problems, Dave was so fucking pissed off(they said he kicked some amps but we were so far away that we couldn’t see it) it was my first Deth show,my childhood hero was there and i didn’t fuckin care about anything (well,although i couldn’t hear the vocals-especially Wake Up Dead-) Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

And yeah Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 i cried when i heard Holy Wars !

After Megadeth,we were feeling kinda numb,we were very tired and we could hardly speak because of our throats. But i could still feel the electric in the air,that concussion could easily be felt because;

Slayer was next! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174

Again, i’m not a huge Slayer fan,but their debut album was one of the first metal albums that i listened to when i was a kid (kinda scary,huh? Neutral ) so deep down inside,i have a soft spot for them. Always wanted to see them live,and there they were on stage !

As we were banging our heads for Slayer, Katie showed up. yeah,she made her way through the crowd,found us and she had a surprise for us. She went backstage to interview with Shawn Drover of Megadeth(she showed us the interview-well,Slayer was blasting so we could only see the 3-4 seconds of it without sound and we could hardly hear eachother) and mentioned about us. She showed our names to him,took a paper (on which wrote “Meet and Greet Room” Smile ) and took a signature for us. We were so fucking happy,Bet was about to cry,she was shaking, we gave her a big hug,thanked her and then she went outside the crowd to have a beer. We both knew we wouldn’t see eachother again(well,at least that day) so we said farewell to eachother. We’re lucky that Bet and i could see eachother later,cause;

Metallica was next! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174

The crowd went crazy as they were waiting for Met. Well,the participation was great as Megadeth and Slayer were playing(Dave is simply worshipped here,as Katie stated out in her blog) but Metallica is something else (as most people call it, this ain’t the Big 4, it’s “3+1” bom )

The lights went dim and the dark blue lights were on. We heard the intro and the ritual began!

Well, not so much to say about Metallica. They’re the biggest metal band for a reason. Their stage presence was perfect,everything was perfect. Hetfield is an awesome frontman,i don’t like Kirk as a guitar player but he’s great live. Lars is Lars and Rob is just awesome! bounce

I saw them in 2008 and i think they were better then (don’t know why i think so,maybe it’s because it was my first time) but they played “Blackened” , “Trapped Under Ice” this time which caused a little trip back down in my memory,to the days when i was a kid and although i had no money(well,i still don’t have money Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ) i bought my first metal albums (And Justice for All and Ride the Lightening). I felt like i was in my room with my door locked,listening to those albums and dreaming Sad
Yeah,i cried again Sad

We waited for a Big 4 performance just like they did in Sofia,but it didn’t happen.
Do i complain?
Hell no!
It was the best day of our lives( and the other 2 days of course) and i wanted to thank all of those old fellas who made me who i am,helped me through bad times and made me feel happy!

Thank you guys!
Now i feel the passion more than ever!

Ain’t nothing gonna change forever
my metal heart!

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174

Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 12:09 am

my shitty pics Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

Alice in Chains:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2wdrlsn
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 99l7o0

Manowar:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Saxu7m
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 302q6h3 (joey pissed off lol Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 )

dammit,i don't have any Accept pics,i have a vid and that's all Sad

Anthrax:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2ypcaq1

Megadeth:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 24pma9c
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 4g3fp1

Slayer:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 33y71wp

Metallica:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Fe17au

Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 12:16 am

oh and our Shawn Drover autograph:

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 5d9yfs
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 1:13 am

That's a great review! Loved reading it! Very Happy

And the pictures look good too! Way better than the ones I took at the festivals I went to, lol Laughing
Glad to know I'm not alone on the Rammstein/Manowar thoughts, by the way... Laughing Stone Sour are good, that's true... I don't know them really much, but I like Corey Taylor's voice, especially when he goes on "softer" stuff Very Happy pity for the bad Pentagram performance, instead D:

Aaaaand... that was so nice to read about that meeting with the girl from Kerrang! Must have been great, haha... the autograph thing was just lovely Very Happy

And... Megadeth! Metallica! Anthrax! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 959554 So much to drool on in there... lots of wonderful bands! Pity for pissed off Dave, though! (gosh, how I hate when voice gets completely covered in live concerts Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548)
But, still... Daaaaaaveeeeeeeeee Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 would love to see him in concert!

So, I guess there might be a chance to see you girls on TV for interviews, then? big grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/astraea_nevermore
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 3:02 pm

Doctor Ruin wrote:
That's a great review! Loved reading it! Very Happy

So, I guess there might be a chance to see you girls on TV for interviews, then? big grin

thanks Doc Wink
actually there's a vid which Katie shoot at the festival but i'm not sure whether to post it or not scratch

anyways;here you'll find all the comments about the festival in Turkey(written by our lovely Katie pirat ),photos and the vid where you'll see me talking for 1-2 mins with my red hat and a stoned Bet Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

http://tridentperpetualfestival.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 3:18 pm

some random vids:

Accept-Metal Heart bow

Metallica-Creeping Death Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696

Slayer-World Painted Blood Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174

Megadeth-Tornado of Souls Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696 (couldn't find a better one Sad )

Dave pissed off,smashing the amp with his guitar Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

Anthrax-Be All,End All Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 305174
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime10th July 2010, 3:47 pm

Junior reporting from Istanbul cheers

Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 6:03 pm

Ah those pics are great principa! I'd like to reply with a full novel but still don't know what to say bounce The first day was absoultely great, good lord we've seen Jerry Cantrell! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 986807 Felt like having a trip back to 90s plus William's voice was indistinguishable from Layne's Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 547387 And pentagram's technical problems were bitter for it was the last performance of Murat İlkan, it's said that he has some health problems but I don't know what's going wrong with him.. Neutral The new singer has showed up for an introduction and he literally "slayed" Holy Diver Suspect No, he doesn't deserve being in the best heavy metal band that Turkey has seen so far Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 27409
Here's Murat:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Murat+ilkan
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Murat2

I hope he heals so soon Neutral

And Blacktooth.. They're just doing it wrong! When you say 'fucking' you mean something completely different that the actual meaning of the word 'fuck', right? You can't translate it into another language be it Turkish as it is and use it in every sentence Rolling Eyes Aha, they were awful.

Stone Sour was just a good fun, I'm surprised how many people knew every song of 'em Laughing

Okay, let's get to the second day. Goshh Manowar and their 'beefy metal' ( Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 ) just fucked us all haha Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 666812 Everyone in the stadium went crazy, you could see the expression of all "brothers everywehere; raise your hands into the air, we're warriors, warriors of the world!" without looking at their faces! big grin And Joey.. Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 He knew the Turkish 'beef' jargon so well! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

Volbeat.. mmm.. Hell, with an Elvis-Skull backdrop they were amazing! And the singer had a Johnnny Cash tatoo all across his chest Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

Now, :passing Hayko by, here: stupid prick. He even spelled Dio's name wrong Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 513440

Absolutely, the crescendo of the day was A-C-C-E-P-T! That was the best concert of all my life, not because they are the best band I've ever seen, but our place was quite good and comfortable, and their sound was clean as could be. Wolf (ah.. Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 959554 ) even if he went bald (:put a brand new tard face here:), he still fucks the audiance Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 They played 'bolero' and that was ... maaaan, great! Can't even remember how much I enjoyed those moments, that was too good to be true.. bow And cutie Mark said that it was the first time Accept played in Turkey, so he'd introduce the band to us, the biggest reaction was to Wolf of course. By the way, I still can't believe how much his voice sounded like Udo's Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

As to the day three.. Nothing to say! Seriously I don't think I can say a word about it Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 572740 All I know is.. We've seen Dave and Junior together, we made fools of ourselves in an international platform once again (okay we look way stupid in that vid Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ), we've seen Dave and Junior together, my skin went red; then three tones darker, we've seen Dave and Junior together, ahh.. the mexican wave was great, we've seen Dave and Junior together, the big 4 literally fucked; all of their performances were beyond good after all those technical problems, we've seen Dave and Junior together, aha we have a Shawn Drover sign; we should add this to the Shawn Drover facts too big grin , we've seen Dave and Jurior together.
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 6:39 pm

I have no material of mine but instead I've found some great footage that I'd like to share with ya rabbit First off, Accept! cheers

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days W71nxi
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2yycpjd
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 1to51w
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 162feo
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 6ezwc3
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 33tj7t5
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2w33pmg
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 25u4n60
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2q1f9k6
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Fuoppw
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2vtsiu0
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2ahirk2
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 28gw7xi
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 7108lw
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 24o5bfn
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Synh1l
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 1zz3q7c
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Xnahid
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2rg2brm
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Orj66g
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Ri93lk
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 350m7b7
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Aonvnq
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Oa90xx
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 262s8sg
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 24onl3d
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2zi2cdd
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Sfi1oz
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2vuxcog
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2bxg6w
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2v2dzpg
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days X1dmox
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 68zqf9
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 6:48 pm

Second one; Manowar Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 547387

*ahem*
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days W05ag8
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2lkd7o7
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Awcq55
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days S2bbq8
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days N65pgl
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 21jnehi
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2uxy1cx
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2qk30nk
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2rh4bpt
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2uhlgr4
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2a6rs6g
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days W840eb
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2l94a55
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 7:09 pm

Megadethh.. Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 232696

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 20r4qdf
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 308whgp
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 119wiyx
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2w72y6q
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 33lci3a
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 25klqn8
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Jkwy0x
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icpmig
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Nga821
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Vem8sh
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Wk2pzd
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 29z6838
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2dabm9l
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 5yw10l
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 35n0qaw
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Vf8kf7
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 30aqk2g
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Vqh4eg

Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 7:20 pm

And lastly.. Random Big 4 shots big grin

Anthrax:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days X4f37m
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 141kpvk
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Wikn4z
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Igg2mr

Slayer:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2nrkffr
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2sa19uo
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 15ourgl
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Mbifl1

Metallica:
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 1zc1l6x
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days X2o2dy
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 14nogev
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 28tet7b
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 33ur1a8
Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 357ps40

buzz saw
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 7:38 pm

Here's Joey talking Turkish Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 72337

I may translate it but I have to watch it again first big grin

Ahh.. Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 959554

İstanbul'u seviyoruz! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 72337

Volbeat - Sad Man's Tongue, they dedicated this one to Dio..

This one is what being a great frontman means:

:bugs bunny voice: That's all folks! albino
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 9:04 pm

Loved the videos and loved the pics! Very Happy I liked Manowar's version of Heaven And Hell cherry

And the interview thing to you girls was very nice to see! Very Happy By the way, I laughed a lot when I saw Hayko and his strange beard, which was moving while he was talking Laughing he reminded me a lot of the guy who lives at home with my friend Joe, this sort of crazy glamster who comes out of his room exclusively to eat junk food, only wearing his slips, so I laughed even more when noticing the resemblance Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

So great to read your review too, Bet! I'm really curious to read the translation of Joey's speech in Turkish... I wonder if it was something ridiculous like what he said in Italy something like ten years ago ("DUE! FUCK OFF! FUCK YOURSELF! AND MORTE DIE!" Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 ), or if he went for something more intelligent Laughing
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime11th July 2010, 11:57 pm

haha thank you Doc :P

Hayko is a total jerk..he can't fuckin speak English Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 251688 goddammit,you're a heavy metal singer,you listen to so many bands,you travel all across the world,you're an artist for god's sake..my brother would speak better Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

(i'm sure Joe's crazy dude can speak way better than Hayko) pirat

and,ok i'm gonna try and translate what Joey said:
(intelligence you said Doc? haha you gotta be kiddin' Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 )

*this "heavy dude Joey" comes in,stares at the audience with that kinda "beefy" look*

-Hey people!
-yeaahhhhhhhhdsfkhjksdglk
-How ya doin' ?
-yeahhhahfrdlkdsgdfşlhöfg
-I wanna speak a little Turkish cause I fuckin love Turkey!
-aaargghhsrjasgfdsgjldsş
-I feel so proud to be with the "manful" people of Turkey again!
-heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeygasfsgbndfhngljnmf
-Don't you ever forget that each and every one of you guys are worthy of a thousand other fans of other bands! (what the hell does that mean Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 )
-yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhghdfkjdfşlh
-They say that,"four big bands" are playing at this festival!
-yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahghjkfhdg
-Fuck offfff! (dunno how to translate this one) Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548
-heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyayeuısrhlıygtdlkhf
-I see one band here!
-yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahlhjllkj
-For whom are you here?
-Manowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrfdgjdfljhlfgvbskd
-Who do you wanna see in Sonisphere Festival?
-Manowwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrdfhjhjkgsbşhl
-Who?
-Manowaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfdvsjdbgjdflkdfjhjşlghfdakjdskfsd
-*can't understand the first part* Move your fuckin asses!
-hheeeeeeaayagfjkdzdsfdfhnfg
-As you know,short time ago,we lost a beloved friend* (*can't understand this part)
-şjfsldhgkhdrfkhberfhglkdrgvd (Dio Dio)
-My friend and our "teacher" (or "master") Ronnie James Dio!
-yeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhgfks Dio Dio Dio!

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 1:29 am

Argh, I can totally get what you mean, we also have a few italian musicians who barely know two English words, and I'll admit that it's a thing that drives me quite mad Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 the worst thing is when they are supposed to write songs in English and make some horrible mistakes Neutral I mean, c'mon, take your freakin' english grammar book and start studying Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

LOL Laughing oh my, Joey is always the same crazy one, hahahah Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 (the transcriptions of the answers of the crowd were great, hahahah Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 )
Still, nice from him to mention Ronnie Sad

Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 2:43 am

haha,i may not look as marginal as him but at least i spoke way better than Hayko in that vid Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

you know what? that's the main reason why i never listen to local bands(any more). yeah,i used to listen to them(thanks to those bands with the growling vocals so that i can't understand a word Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ), but i've been speaking fluently,reading and writing in English since i was 11 and when i realized how they sucked in that part of music,i gave up listening to them.
lyrics have been very important to me in general,that's why i adore bands like WASP(well,let's say later works-let's say Blackie Lawless Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ),Nevermore or Megadeth cause they have a lot to tell you through their lyrics..

another local band,Pentagram is awesome in both ways,their lyrics are well-written,and the music kicks ass (well,i have only one album-Unspoken-and it has some thrashy riffs,power metal and folk elements in it) but the problem with Pentagram is (aka known as Mezarkabul in Europe), although they've been around since the beginning of 90's(maybe 80's i'm not sure) and they really kick ASS, they've been too damn lazy to go into a studio,make the connections and play all over the world (cause i know they had the opportunities)..they don't even play in their own country,they just lay down their asses and wait to be recognized..well,even Bet and i can do that Rolling Eyes

yeah, i know that's a whole 'nuther story but just realized that i'm pissed off and have a lot to say about this big grin
Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 3:29 am

principia wrote:
haha,i may not look as marginal as him but at least i spoke way better than Hayko in that vid Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863

Definitely you did, hahah Very Happy

Quote :
you know what? that's the main reason why i never listen to local bands(any more). yeah,i used to listen to them(thanks to those bands with the growling vocals so that i can't understand a word Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ), but i've been speaking fluently,reading and writing in English since i was 11 and when i realized how they sucked in that part of music,i gave up listening to them.
lyrics have been very important to me in general,that's why i adore bands like WASP(well,let's say later works-let's say Blackie Lawless Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 ),Nevermore or Megadeth cause they have a lot to tell you through their lyrics..

Yep, I totally understand you... there are so many bands with pretty cool music, but really bad lyrics, and that takes away lots of interest. Yep, I may like the melody, but I'm never going to say that I can relate to the song or that it changed my life Laughing

Quote :
another local band,Pentagram is awesome in both ways,their lyrics are well-written,and the music kicks ass (well,i have only one album-Unspoken-and it has some thrashy riffs,power metal and folk elements in it) but the problem with Pentagram is (aka known as Mezarkabul in Europe), although they've been around since the beginning of 90's(maybe 80's i'm not sure) and they really kick ASS, they've been too damn lazy to go into a studio,make the connections and play all over the world (cause i know they had the opportunities)..they don't even play in their own country,they just lay down their asses and wait to be recognized..well,even Bet and i can do that Rolling Eyes

yeah, i know that's a whole 'nuther story but just realized that i'm pissed off and have a lot to say about this big grin

Argh, how I hate when things like that happen Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548 we have a band that acts like that, too... they're good, but they refuse to play in smaller venues 'cos they feel 'too big' for doing it... and keep on waiting for being called at bigger festivals... and waiting... and waiting. Laughing As a result, they've been around ever since the 80s, but they're still quite unknown and only play live few times in a whole year Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

(btw, I'm pretty sure I did hear of the name Pentagram, before cherry gotta look for their music!)
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 1:20 pm

there's another Pentagram,that's why "our" Pentagram is known as Mezarkabul outside of Turkey.
here's what they sound like:

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 3:48 pm

Aaaw, might have been confused with the other band, so Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

Anyway, Turkish Pentagram sound great! Wonderful sound, very good voice and style, love 'em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betelguese
Pub Manager
Betelguese

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 9:02 pm

Ah, I've found some sonisphere footage today;

And this is a real cool live one;

Aha anyways, we'd like to see some Italian bands too, Doc bounce

principia, your interpretion of audience reaction to manowar was just isbezünmgaüleisaß急²#¼€üieumkü Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 72337

By the way; they were formed in 1986 and they're still here sitting on their asses Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 547387
Joey Demaio wrote:
...Now move your fuckin' asses!
Back to top Go down
principia
Pub Manager
principia

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime12th July 2010, 11:43 pm

ok,we need a "local bands" thread,don't we? Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

here's Pentgram's version of "Fear of the Dark" that i found today(i saw it for the first time)
well Murat sounds just like Bruce,however we can't notice it clearly in this crappy vid Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

anyways:

Back to top Go down
Doctor Ruin
Pub Manager
Doctor Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime13th July 2010, 8:55 am

Woah, his voice does sound a lot like Bruce's! Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548
Anyway, I'm definitely falling in love with these guys, very good stuff Very Happy

Betelguese wrote:
Aha anyways, we'd like to see some Italian bands too, Doc bounce

Quote :
ok,we need a "local bands" thread,don't we? Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 2548

I like the idea of the local bands thread! We have some pretty good bands over here, pity that most of them are unknown even in their own city, lol Laughing

Quote :
By the way; they were formed in 1986 and they're still here sitting on their asses Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 547387
Joey Demaio wrote:
...Now move your fuckin' asses!

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863 Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days 460863
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days   Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonisphere Days: Those Were The Days
Page 1 of 1